4 Tbsp GEM Olive Oil
2 each Eggplants
2 tsp Salt, kosher
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 cup Tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
4 Tbsp Basil, chiffonade
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1) Peel each eggplant, leaving 1 inch of skin unpeeled at the top and bottom.
2) Slice the eggplant thinly lengthwise, about 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle each slice with salt and lay out for 15 minutes on a pan with a wire rack. Rinse with cold water and roll in paper towels, then slice into thin fettuccine-like strips.
3) Heat the GEM Olive Oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook until garlic is golden.
4) Add the eggplant pasta to the sauté pan and toss, Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, then add the cream and increase heat to thicken sauce.
5) Remove from heat and add basil and parmesan.